Since 1992, SA Ambulance Service and St John Ambulance Australia have had two separate, yet complementary, roles.
SA Ambulance Service is the principal provider of emergency and non-urgent ambulance services across South Australia including:
- out-of-hospital emergency medical care and transport
- a non-emergency ambulance transport service
- emergency and major events management
- rescue services in collaboration with other emergency services – e.g. water rescue, cliff rescue, confined space rescue.
St John Ambulance Australia services include:
- first aid training
- first aid kits
- first aid services at public events