What do volunteer ambulance officers do?
- Go on shift to attend ambulance jobs which can be emergencies or patient transfers
- Maintain a 24-hour ambulance service in regional communities
- Attend training regularly to maintain skills
- Complete accurate records for ambulance calls
- Work with staff and volunteers from SAAS, other services and the public
- Comply with the code of conduct and represent SAAS positively at all times
- General duties associated with maintaining vehicles and ambulance equipment
What are the benefits of becoming a volunteer ambulance officer?
- Free first aid training
- Free uniform
- Free training in all skills and clinical training relating to your volunteer role
- Certificate VI in Health Care which is nationally recognised
- Annual volunteer conference
How can businesses help support SAAS Volunteers?
Businesses and organisations play an integral role in supporting their employees to respond to ambulance cases during work.
For more information on how you can help your community as an employer, please click here.